Acta Mechanica Sinica (AMS) is an international journal founded in 1985, published by Springer, and sponsored by the Chinese Society of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics (CSTAM)
Aim and scope
The Journal covers all disciplines in the field of theoretical and applied mechanics, including solid mechanics, fluid mechanics, dynamics and control, and biomechanics. It explores analytical, computational and experimental progresses in all areas of mechanics. The Journal also encourages research in interdisciplinary subjects, and serves as a bridge between mechanics and other branches of engineering and sciences.
Editors-in-Chief (July 2015-June 2020) :
Tianjian Lu Xi'an Jiaotong University
Wei Shyy The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
Zhigang Suo Harvard University
Science Citation Index (SCI), Science Citation Index Expanded (Sci Search), SCOPUS, INSPEC, Astrophysics Data System (ADS), Zentralblatt Math, Chemical Abstracts Service (CAS), Google Scholar, CSA, ProQuest, Academic OneFile, Chinese Science Citation Database, Current Contents/Engineering, Computing and Technology, Digital Mathematics Registry, Earthquake Engineering Abstracts, EI-Compendex, Engineered Materials Abstracts, Gale, Journal Citation Reports/Science Edition, Mathematical Reviews, OCLC, SCImago, Summon by Serial Solutions, VINITI - Russian Academy of Science.
Impact factor : 0.832
Each issue of the Journal provides 3 regular sections:
(1) invited articles,
(2) full length papers,
The average publication periods for Sections 1 and 2 are aimed to be less than 6 months and those for Sections 3 less than 3 months. While the Journal publishes bimonthly, manuscripts will be online within 24 hours after acceptance.
The Journal is open access to all members of CSTAM (over 20,000).
Key Ideas for Sections
Invited articles are classified into 3 categories:
- Distinguished individual scholars
- Advances of China key projects in mechanics and mechanics-based engineer
- Forward-looking themes with great potential are particularly expected
- Themed papers are invited by Theme Guest Editor(s);
- The amount of the articles is no more than 8
- 60% authors should be non-Chinese
- One review should be included
- Theme Editor(s) are required to provide a brief introduction for highlighting all theme papers;
- Announced 6 months ago before publication.
Distinguished individual scholars
- Freely invited by Editors- or Associate Editors-in-Chief.
- Encourage Editorial board members to recommend to Editors-in-Chief
Advances of China key projects in mechanics and mechanics-based engineering
- Editorial office prepared a list of all key projects and their information
- Editorial office represents the Editors-in-Chief to invite the Chief Scientists or Principal Investigators of key projects for contributing invited articles on reporting the main research progresses of their projects.
Original papers, with clear creative results
- well-written abstract: background, contents, significance and potential application
- introduction: well documents others, references, clear definition of the problem studied and its key role in the field
- references: AMS and other CSTAM journals publications
- Associate Editor-in-Chief Preliminary review
- Passing the preliminary review, the corresponding author of the original paper is required to give clear reply according to discussed comments. Period < 3 weeks
- Reply will be sent to corresponding author of the discussion (cc to Associate Editor-in-Chief), a response is required.
- Associate Editor-in-Chief General Review. A comment on the reply of both authors is required.
- Editor-in-Chief Final Decision on Discussion.
• Editor-in-Chief decide the multiple round controversy
• Discussion on the Papers published passed 4 months will not be accepted